To qualify for a loan, all loan borrowers must:
1) have a U.S residential street address that you currently reside at; (unless military personnel on active duty, in which case it is not required that the applicant have a U.S residential street address.)
2) not be residing in West Virginia or Iowa;
3) be at least 18 years old (applicants from Alabama and Nebraska must be at least 19 years old);
4) have a valid email account;
5) have a verifiable name, date of birth and social security number;
6) have a full time job, a full time job offer starting in 6 months (except if accepted to a partner bootcamp and seeking employment after graduation), a regular part time job or another source of regular income;
7) have a personal banking account at a U.S. financial institution with a routing transit number;
8) meet our minimum credit requirements; and
9) If an existing borrower on the Upstart Loan Program, the borrower/applicant must (i) have made on-time payments for your 6 previous consecutive payments, with no failed payments , (ii) have no more than one outstanding loan in the Upstart Loan Program at the time of application, and (iii) have no more than $50,000 of total principal outstanding at the time the loan originates.
10) wait for a period of at least 1 month after paying off a previous Upstart loan
Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.