I see a discrepancy in my credit data. What do I do?

First, check your credit card statements to see if the discrepancy is just the result of a time delay in when your credit card providers report information to Equifax. Credit card balances are usually reported to credit bureaus once a month, so the data you see is most likely whatever was reflected on your last statement balance as of the date the data was obtained from Equifax.

If you still think the information is inaccurate, contact the data provider, Equifax. You can dispute any discrepancies or errors directly through Equifax by calling them at 866-640-2273.

Was this article helpful?

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Our customer care team is here for you.