What is considered income?
Since this is a personal loan, we only take your personal income into consideration. The following are acceptable forms of income:
- Salary, bonus, or commission paid by your employer
- Hourly wages including overtime
- Self-employment income that you’ve earned consistently for a full calendar year. Please note a filed tax return is required for verification
- Income earned from being a shareholder in a corporation or partnership. Please note a filed tax return is required for verification
- Rental property income that has been earned for a full calendar year. Please note a filed tax return is required for verification
- Trust, Pension, Disability, Retirement, or Social Security income
- Alimony, Child Support, or Separate Maintenance (Note: This income does not need to be disclosed if you do not want it considered in your application)
What is not considered income for the purpose of obtaining a loan on Upstart?
- Your household income (we only take your personal income into consideration)
- Inconsistent investment income or dividends from stocks
- Unrealized gains from equity
- Signing bonuses or relocation packages
- Business income (we only take into account your personal salary from your business)