What documentation will verify my income?
All documentation must:
- have your name and the company name listed
- be recent - normally within the last 30 days
- be clear and complete (make sure we can see all 4 corners and can read everything)
- be your personal income
If you don’t have the documents we’ve asked for, you may be able to submit something else as long as it demonstrates and confirms your reported income.
Find your income type below to see what document we’ll accept to verify your source of income. We will require different documentation depending on your employment status.
Full Time and Part Time Employment (W2 Employee)
- Most recent pay stub (within 30 days) showing your salary or hourly wage.
If you do not have your first pay stub yet, please submit your official job offer stating your compensation and start date.
- W2 with recent paycheck image and a bank statement that shows that paycheck deposited.
Additional Compensation: Such as a bonus or commission
- Include an offer letter that states your target bonus or commission structure.
- Provide your last pay stub of the previous year
If you don't have either of these documents, we will consider the bonus/commission you’ve earned thus far this year that we can verify.
Multiple Jobs (W2)
- Provide a pay stub for each income source
Independent Contractor or Multiple Gigs (1099 employee)
Example: Airbnb or Lyft/Uber
Note: If you have not done this for more than a full calendar year, we will not take this income into account when evaluating your application.
- Current contract defining length of agreement and exact compensation expected.
- Latest completed tax return with taxable income listed from your 1099 employment AND
- Proof of recent income in the form of a digital deposited check image OR business invoice. Please provide the matching bank statement that verifies the deposit into your account.
Self Employed/Sole Proprietor: Running your own business or own part of a business
Note: If you have not done this for more than a full calendar year, we will not take this income into account when evaluating your application
- Last year’s full tax return that shows your personal portion of income.
- A copy of your year to date accounting record or general ledger for your business with both income and expense transactions your business has received so far this year. Please also submit a copy of a recent bank statement that would align with this record.
Retirement Benefits and Income
- Annual benefits letter verifying the amount awarded
- Recent income to verify receipt of retirement benefits.
Alimony/Spousal Support/Child Support
- Provide court order/agreement that outlines how much you receive, how often payments are disbursed and for how long.
- Upload your lease for the rental property that shows your name, monthly amount and lease term. Additionally, please upload your most recent tax return to verify the taxable income for this property.
Trust or Pensions
- Statements from your pension plan
- Letters from your Trust administrator
For more information about what we accept as income, click here.