To qualify for a loan,
All loan borrowers must:
1) be a U.S. citizen currently living in the U.S., or a permanent resident currently living in the U.S.; (unless military personnel on active duty, in which case it is not required that the applicant be currently living in the US.)
2) not be residing in West Virginia
3) be at least 18 years old (applicants from Alabama and Nebraska must be at least 19 years old);
4) have a valid email account;
5) have a verifiable name, date of birth and social security number;
6) have a full time job, a full time job offer starting in 6 months (except if accepted to a partner bootcamp and seeking employment after graduation), a regular part time job or another source of regular income;
7) have a personal banking account at a U.S. financial institution with a routing transit number;
8) meet our minimum credit requirements; and
9) If an existing borrower on the Upstart Loan Program, the borrower/applicant must (i) have made on-time payments for your 6 previous consecutive payments, with no failed payments , (ii) have no more than one outstanding loan in the Upstart Loan Program at the time of application, and (iii) have no more than $50,000 of total principal outstanding at the time the loan originates.
10) wait for a period of at least 2 months after paying off a previous Upstart loan
Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.